up2date using Fedora Core 1

Teodor Iliescu tiliescu-ZdyLq7YhDA8hunQcOVOuvCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 13 13:42:25 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Mel Seder <melseder-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
Date: Monday, January 12, 2004 6:56 pm
Subject: [TLUG]: up2date using Fedora Core 1

> Does the up2date / red exclamation point that is on the bottom
> right of
> the screen supposed to work in Fedora somehow or must I use "yum
> update" instead?
>

> =====
> The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
> absolutely no good. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)

I was attempting to update my Fedora Core 1 system, although both
through the GUI, and command line didn't work. Perhaps they are having
some problems at their end(up2date servers).

Anybody having similar problems?

"Unix is simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity." -
Dennis Ritchie

Teodor I.
http://penguincomputing.iwarp.com
GPG key fingerprint : 9AC8 A05C 78AD AD73 91DB  CBE4 B644 F402 FBFD 5927