sympatico DSL connection and Mandrake 9.2

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 12 22:43:48 UTC 2004

Hi David,

If you can get the DNS info from Sympatico, then just plug that into the
resolv.conf file (adsl-setup just updates the same file).  You are
supposed to get the DNS via the PPPOE connection, but I remember that
Sympatico always had problems with it.

Here are the DNS settings I have for Sympatico (from the resolve.conf file):

# MADE-BY-RP-PPPOE
nameserver 198.235.216.134
nameserver 198.235.216.135

If it still doesn't work, try pinging one of these addresses, or any
other IP you know, and see what that says.

Anton