community colocation

Julian C. Dunn lists-JN5fZfbfKAtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 12 20:42:50 UTC 2004

Some time ago I came across these folks:

	http://www.communitycolo.net

They're based in California. Basically they offer co-location by donation
and seem to be making a go of it. I wonder if anyone here:

	a) knows of anyone who is or has been doing this in the GTA;
	b) knows of anyone or is themselves interested in helping in such
	an effort if it doesn't already exist;
	c) has thoughts about the feasibility of doing such a thing?

I'd be willing to spearhead an effort to make this go, if there is enough
interest from the broader community -- and I don't mean just geeks that
want to colo a box, I mean from local community-oriented and/or non-profit
groups that would like to have a proper internet presence.

- Julian

--
[    Julian C. Dunn <jdunn-JN5fZfbfKAtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> * <julian at dreaming.org>      ]
[   WWW: www.aquezada.com/staff/julian/ * www.dreaming.org/~julian/   ]