linux VMware w W98 SE in vm

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 12 11:45:23 UTC 2004

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

[...]

> Are you using a real win98SE CD

Yes.

> not an OEM from some specific computer
> that only accepts one specific bios?

No.

> Is your cdrom drive working properly?

Yes, I play CDs from it, just installed rh7.3 from it...

The installation starts OK, but then I get the error that there is no
bootable CD or floppy (and both are present). Other times the installation
goes a little further (I even managed an fdisk to create the virtual C: drive
this morning) and I get the 'you need  7340032 bytes available on your C:
drive' (where this 'C: drive is inreality I don't know, but my 1GB  /  is
only 11% used).

Chris

[...]