linux VMware w W98 SE in vm

Gregory Pleau gregory.pleau-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 11 01:59:44 UTC 2004

VMWare emulates it's own BIOS - sometimes you gotta turn on CD booting in
there too, -and- capture the CD device in the VM settings.

Anyhow, I've not had any problems with VMWare 3 and 4 / Win98 on Redhat 7.2
all the way to Fedora Core 1. All Intel boxes. On another note - Microsoft
Virtual PC runs Linux pretty well too ( Debian, Fedora, Mandrake are the
ones I've tried ). Only thing missing is an accelerated X driver :(

Only time I gave VMWare gas was when I read that 2.6 kernel info a few
months back and tried that.... didn't go quite as smooth.

- Greg

<snip to save space>