rh 7.3 instalation

John Myshrall jmyshrall-6duGhz7i8susTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 10 22:05:22 UTC 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:54:44 -0500
aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org wrote:

> Henry Spencer wrote:

> > > Why?  It's an old distribution that is now completely unsupported.
> >
> > It's more stable and better shaken down than any of the more recent
> > ones. For someone who wants to run Red Hat, running 7.3 or even 7.2
> > is quite a reasonable decision.
> >

> And sound is ready. Pop in a CD and you're off!
>
> Chris

Not to start a distro war.

Chris there are plenty of distros out there now that do an excellent job
on detection.

Take a look at Libranet out of BC. It's Debian based and gives you
plenty of desktop switching capabilities. By trying different desktops you can
choose what will work best for your system. They have KDE as well.
However it's uses a lot of system resources. Not to start a desktop war, IceWM is
may be a better choice or Xterm.

They have a free version you can download. If your connection is slow,
forward your address to me and I'll mail you a copy.

John