What is this? [vhzsnkt-mrv/37v+JpBBamCe3Sc20SyVzS2IbrJ0VnStl5C4Fgw at public.gmane.org

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 10 21:31:11 UTC 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Peter Hiscocks wrote:

> As a group of knowledgeable individuals, TLUG might be able to help me with
> this -
>
> I get several per day like the example appended below. Obviously, it's some
> sort of code, but beyond that...Can anyone clarify what this is about?

I believe these strings of words are an attempt to fool anti-spam
software.  Since the software tries to look for spam-like patterns the
inclusion of random words not normally associated with spam increases the
liklihood of the email being accepted as valid and passed to the user.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.