rh 7.3 instalation

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 10 05:18:29 UTC 2004

I am installing rh 7.3.

I'm getting hte error,

There was an error installing curl-7.9.5-2. This can indicate media
failure, lack of disk space, and/or hardware problems. This is a fatal
error and your install will be aborted. Please verify your media and try
your install again. Press the OK button to reboot your system.

Damn -I would have prefered, "Back up throuugh the installation and
repartition, run this media checker, etc." Alas, only option is to
reinstall.

The entire instalation I chose is supposed to take up around 1.6 GB, but
the installer never lets you know how that is carved up into the
different directoris. Overall I have way more than that, but maybe my
partitioning scheme is not the best. I have done the following in fdisk,

hda2  /  1GB
hda3    swap    1GB
hda5    /boot    64MB
hda6    /home    3.5GB
hda7    /usr    4.5GB

I thought that would do it.

In the meantime, I am trying a reinstall with a different copy of disk
2, where the installation stalled.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Chris