CaffeBickford; Torontos first Open Source Caffe - the focus of nest Tuesdays meeting

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane-MHIYrZpDPrNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 10 00:22:39 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 05:48:33PM -0500, cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org wrote:
> > As someone with allergies it's critical for me to know /exactly/ what has
> > gone into a recipe. A way to do an ingredients check (myself) without
> > having to harass a server (who probably doesn't know the answer) would be
> > MOST appreciated! :) It doesn't need to be a recipe, but it should be a
> > correct list of ingredients.
>
> Odd...  That actually is an argument in favor of "open source food."

Well I'd personally prefer if full recipes were made available, but I
certainly don't expect restaurants to be able to comply. Most days
restaurants are ordering food from other places and can't get a recipe (e.g.
bread)....I think it's crazy that food has to be labelled if we buy it
from the supermarket, but the average restaurant has no idea what kind of
oil they're frying in.

In any case, I'm getting pretty off-topic here. :)

emma :)

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]