DSL providers in Toronto

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 8 18:51:08 UTC 2004

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:09:43 -0500
CLIFFORD ILKAY <clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> >Customer support experience at eol seems to vary.  Some know
> >Linux, some don't.  When I emailed them a few months ago to
> >ask them if they supported pop over ssh, they first asked me
> >what it was and then took a day or two to figure out they
> >didn't support it.
>
> I am wondering why you had to ask them at all. If you can ssh to them, you
> can download your POP mail using that ssh tunnel by using port forwarding
> regardless of whether they "support" it or not.

They still beat Sympatico. When I asked *them* why I could no longer telnet into
my POP server, they didn't know what telnet or POP were.

Do *not* get Sympatico. Besides that, they don't allow you to run servers (well,
P2P servers that chew up bandwidth and make them more money are OK, of course).

Big fat pipe, though :-)

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046