Need shell scripters to test Bash patch

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 8 06:56:42 UTC 2004

Dear shell scripters,

I wrote a patch to Bash-2.05b, incorporating Awk and Python features
that I like and use often.  Most recently, I added regular expression to
[...], [[...]], 'test', and 'case' statements.  Other major features
are
    - splitting and extracting regex patterns
    - integer and letter generation
    - multi-variable for-loop

In essence, I've been trying to extend Bash's capability, so that I
don't have to keep going back and forth between Bash and Awk/Python/Perl
for silly little things.

I would like beta testers.  Any feedback would be welcome.

Relevant files are
    http://home.eol.ca/~parkw/bash.diff			--> my patch
    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/bash/bash-2.05b.tar.gz	--> Bash source
and there are short descriptions in <comp.unix.shell> articles that I
posted,
    http://groups.google.com/groups?group=comp.unix.shell&selm=btgihg%246gdcq%241%40ID-99293.news.uni-berlin.de
    http://groups.google.com/groups?group=comp.unix.shell&selm=btinhd%247j07e%241%40ID-99293.news.uni-berlin.de

--