Linux (opensource) for toronto

Jason Carson jay-ZPnsNkHkFjk at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 7 05:12:18 UTC 2004

According to this news release by the city of Toronto
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/it/newsrel.nsf/7017df2f20edbe2885256619004e428e/2ecff1f89300b50385256e13006b1f3e?OpenDocument
the mayor is looking for input on the 2004 budget..

"Listening to Toronto is our first step in bringing people from across the
city together so they can help shape Toronto's budget discussion. I will
attend each of the six sessions along with Budget Advisory Committee Chair
Soknacki and members of Council. We want to hear what the people have to
say, " Miller said.

I've heard people discuss this issue (opensource for local government) in
the past so this looks like a good opportunity to bring it up.