Local Linux laptop supplier: success!

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 21:21:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 11:19:38PM -0500, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> We finally had success with a local Linux laptop supplier.  (Phewf!)
>
> Angel Computers http://www.angelcomputer.com/ offers various laptops
> with Linux pre-installed (i.e.: no MS tax).  We got the 3000C.  It turns
> out they had problems actually installing Linux, but once they told us
> that that machine's really a relabelled Clevo M350C, all was good, and
> we got Debian on the thing.  They're localted in Mississauga.  We went
> down there in person to deal with them.
>
> Debian installation notes: http://www.cypherpunks.ca/m350c/

I think it would be even nicer if the pcmcia stuff and the kernel had
been done properly as debian packages.  make-kpkg (from kernel-package)
makes building and packaging a kernel very easy under debian (and has
some other advantages for any additional modules you may want built for
the kernel).  I suspect backports already exist of the pcmcia stuff, or
at least one should be easy to make.

Great to know that at least someone offers non windows poluted laptops.

Lennart Sorensen