sound & partitions

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 01:38:55 UTC 2004

Byron Sonne wrote:

> > 3. I could continue to use Pro Tools Free on W98SE for the music
> > recording part of my business, but I would prefer to do everything in linux.
>
> Maybe you could half'n'half it; run win98 inside linux as a vmware
> machine. I know that sounds kinda lame, but that kinda thing is really
> quite handy and I've been floored by how well the hardware
> emulation/sharing works.

Really? That is intriguing. I hate rebooting between OSs (it is dual-boot W98SE/
redhat 7.3 at the moment). I don't mind VMWARE getting my hundred bucks (am
I being naive here?), but I'll want it to work. It's an 800 Duron. That would be
penutlimate
to Heaven - work on Pro Tools Free in W98 SE and switch without reboots to linux
for
email, AbiWord, and expermenting with sound recording in linux!

But is that the most likely to be better than crossover or win4lin for running Pro

Tools Free in Windows 98 SE to record musical instruments?

Chris A.