Wireless Bridge, aaarrgghhh

Peter King peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 4 02:44:03 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 09:07:03PM -0500, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> Do you have packet forwarding enabled on the laptop?
>
> # cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> 1
>
> If it's 0, do:
>
> # echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

I'm using Debian, which requires a change to the file
/etc/network/options with a line reading:

         ip_forward=yes

That's a good guess, though, since the kind of non-response I get is
exactly as though the packets were being lined up against the wall and
shot by some piece of sentinel software gone berserk.

Peter King			        peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Philosophy Department
University of Toronto			    (416)-978-3788 ofc
Toronto, ON   M5S 1A1			    (416)-978-8703 fax
    CANADA

                All your base are belong to us...