Wireless Bridge, aaarrgghhh

Peter King peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 4 02:03:53 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 08:36:58PM -0500, Anton Markov wrote:

> I believe the policies "-P" should be set before any other rules.
>
> I am not sure if this will have any effect though.  Otherwise the script
> looks OK.  Try turning off all filtering and setting all policies to
> ACCEPT to see if it will work that way.

The policies, since they technically aren't rules but policies, don't
work the same way (first-match-wins). But in fact it doesn't make any
difference whether they're at the start or the end.

With the all filtering off, nothing happens -- that is: eth1 can talk
to NET1, eth0 to NET0, but no packets from NET0 get to NET1 (except for
those originating on the laptop). Dagnab it.

Peter King			        peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Philosophy Department
University of Toronto			    (416)-978-3788 ofc
Toronto, ON   M5S 1A1			    (416)-978-8703 fax
    CANADA