Question

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 29 12:28:52 UTC 2004

> [1] The first time I heard this I burst our laughing.  My friend had
> commented that he had grapped the house for the keys and not found them
> (he might have even said the grep returned 1).  Anyway, I had a mental
> image of him moving around the house picking up everything that was not
> nailed down and comparing it to a known set of keys.  I still find this
> funny.  I guess you had to be there :)
>
> Cheers,
>  Rob

That reminds me of a news thread in rec.humor whose subject line says "You know
you have been on the computer too long when ..." One of these said: "... you
try to grep a book." Perhaps we now ought to add " ... and grep returned 1"
(that would be spooky). Others included "... your wife wants you to take out
the trash, and you are looking for the trashcan icon." "You tried to double-
click your office window to open it." and on and on.

Paul