Interesting warning regarding filesharing

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 27 22:36:41 UTC 2004

Herb Richter <hgr-FjoMob2a1F7QT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> writes:
> Not having read the whole text of the appeal until now, I wasn't aware
> that the Canadian court considered a *lot* of American law (i.e. the Texas
> long arm statute and the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution).  But it
> does seem to me that this was done in the context of Canadian laws.

As a fellow lay-person, my understanding is that the courts will look at
precedents from the UK [preferably] and then the USA and, maybe, other
places.

If there isn't anything in Canada already.
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                            starnix inc.
phone: 905-771-0017 x242                        thornhill, ontario, canada