Proven wireless mouse for Linux ?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 27 19:27:53 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:23:54PM +0200, Peter L. Peres wrote:
> What type works well ? I have too many wires on the table. It must work at
> least 12 hours on a set of batteries or charge. What about the third
> button issue ? Does a ChordMiddle event make it through the wireless
> protocol ?

I think all wireless mice have at least 3 buttons (including the wheel)
so you don't need chord middle.

I know my dad's logitech 3 button (no wheel) from 97 runs a month or 2
on a set of AAAs.  That's with 4 or 5 hours use daily.

The logitech mx700 has rechargeable baterries (charges on docking
station that is also base station) which is even nicer, and can use
normal AAs if the rechargeables die and you don't want to buy new ones
(don't place it on base station in that case though).  The logitech
wireless mice in general are rather nice though (better than MS's that
has too much power up lag after being idle).

Lennart Sorensen