Interesting warning regarding filesharing

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 27 03:38:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:02:02PM -0500, Tom Legrady wrote
> But the letter from Columbia Pictures threatens:
>
> "Please be aware that sharing copyrighted material is illegal
>  according to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act."

  To which my response would be...

"Please be aware that on October 13, 1812, Major General Sir Isaac Brock
made the supreme sacrifice a soldier can make, dying in the battle of
Queenston Heights, in order that Canadians would not be conquered and
ruled by the USA."

  I'd also see a Canadian lawyer for a briefing on the situation.  Yeah,
it'll cost a bit of money for a legal opinion, but it's worth it.

Email users are divided into two classes;
1) Those who have effective spam-blocking
2) Those who wish they did