<OT> I can't resist

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 26 19:30:26 UTC 2004

On Thursday 26 February 2004 13:54, Wil McGilvery wrote:

> Need a good laugh?
>
> Here is an article in which MS claims that hackers only exploit
> vulnerabilities after the patch is released.

On the day that a worm is released to destroy systems rather than to just
annoy, what will be their spin?  Any bets on the placement of blame?  Here
are my top choices:

- the open source people did it
- the security community is to blame
- Bin Laden did it
- I did it (since after all I suggested it here!)

I don't find stuff like this amusing anymore.  Microsoft is the most pathetic
and sad subject in the computing industry (SCO is close).