RH 7.1 atd suddenly fails at startup...what happened?

Russ Heaton rheaton-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 26 11:43:17 UTC 2004

Yep. done.  What a hassle though.  I accidentally threw out disc 1 of
my RH 7.1 install set that was inside a dead CD drive, so I had to
locate and download an ISO image from the Internet.  Anyway I used
that in rescue mode and renamed those two files back to what they
originally were and now the system boots. Whew, what a relief.

So now, how do I get rid of that virus/trojan or whatever it is?

Thanks,

Russ