I hate cookies

Garth Meisel Garth-xsdjDKdUMl2akBO8gow8eQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 26 02:36:59 UTC 2004

>   With all due respect, I think you're doing it backwards,  Mozilla
> FireFox and the big Mozilla both allow you to specify sites from which
> you accept cookies.  Since this list is going to be much smaller than
> the entire web, it's easier to maintain.  It is also "fail safe", i.e.
> if you don't specify a site, it doesn't get to add/delete/modify/read
> cookies.

Thanks, that's indeed a good point.  Konqueror has that same ability as does
the dreaded IE too, but obviously we do it MUCH better.
I surf the web, and I'm not always sure when I need to WANT a cookie to save
me typing and I'm not always sure when I KNOW exactly what the cookie entails
until I rip it to it's recipe.  The thing that this answer doesn't do for me
is that I don't know where I'm going so how can I pre-allow a cookie from a
site, if you know what I mean.  Sure, we all do our computer banking, and
maybe some of you even have a Hotmail address because you don't run your own
email server with all the help given for Linux email servers.  There's
probably at least 5 wanted cookies for every one of us.  But that's where my
line is drawn.  I may eventually find another site where I SHOP alot at or
something to that effect but I was speaking more of the constantly ignorant
HTML programmers that want to get as much possible information as possible
without OFFERING anything in return.  See, I should have been more precise in
my question but you've definitely helped me refine the question.  Thank you
Walter.  Your point is without doubt valid : )