Laptop Advice

bill traynor btraynor-zC6tqtfhjqE at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 26 00:37:44 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 19:19, Garth Meisel wrote:
> And I'm glad that hardware support popped up.  I have absolutely NO CLUE as to
> Linux and a MAC.  : )  I didn't think you were going to be MAC'ing it though.
> : )

For what it's worth, YellowDog Linux is a Mac specific distribution that
works great.  Similarly, I've run Debian on my iBook and it worked great
as well (with a little nudge of course).  And the debian-powerpc mailing
list is extremely active.

I believe many other distributions have a PPC version, such as Mandrake
and Suse, etc.