[OT-mask]

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 24 12:39:22 UTC 2004

The highest IP in a network slice based on the IP given and it's subnet
mask is indeed broadcast. IE, 192.168.0.255/24 is indeed broadcast but
if the subnet mask was /25 then both 192.168.0.128 and 192.168.0.255
will be broadcast for their respective subnets. 192.168., 10. and 127.
are reserved and are not routed to the net so you are right there. As
for the rest of your question, could ask for clarity? I seem to be
having trouble following the first part of your question.

HTH!

Madison