Got my feet wet - now getting cold feet.

Kenn Munro kenn-mwSrj/bF9lKNls3PewDF2w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 20 11:34:19 UTC 2004

Its good to see that you are interested in Linux.  You might want to try
booting to a "live" Linux CD (such as Knoppix) to see how well your
hardware might be supported, although it may vary between distributions.

For PDF writing on Linux, you can print to a postscript file and then
convert it to PDF using the ps2pdf command.

I would seriously suggest dual booting until you are comfortable with
the change, especially if you don't have a lot of time to be
installing/configuring new software in an unfamiliar environment.  An
extra few gigs on an 80 gig drive shouldn't make *that* much of a
difference.

Good luck...

Kenn