copy & paste

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 20 00:33:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 06:33:23PM -0600, Garth Meisel wrote:
> I thought gpm was to allow mouse on the console.  I didn't say anything before
> because I don't know the actual daemon for copy/pasting in the shell.  All I
> know is that there is a box in KDE that says "Start Write Daemon."  If
> somebody does know the actual name of the daemon or if it is actually the gpm
> daemon, let me know.  Thanks.

gpm is a deamon that allows console applications to use the mouse using
libgpm or something like that, similar to how they can use the mouse in
an xterm.

For programs that don't use the mouse, gpm simply provides copy and
paste of the text on the console.

It is all done by one daemon.

Lennart Sorensen