SSH session + Japanese mail in mutt

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 19 23:09:07 UTC 2004

Thanks to this advice I got down and dirty with my locales. I used localedef to create the ja_JP.UTF-8 locale; created 02locale in /etc/env.d/ did and env-update and a source /etc/profile rebooted and things looked different, but still didn't quite work. I changed the font setting on putty to MS Mincho:Japanese and now things seem to work.

This is really great. Thank you again.

--
Noah John Gellner
J.D. Candidate (2006)