This is both hillarious and appauling ...

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 18 22:21:53 UTC 2004

| From: serge_ss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org

| Just came across something... Have fun. Comments? Suggestions? I only have couple of for him f#@cks in my pocket.
|
| http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040213.wwiwa14/BNStory/International

I've read a few of his columns in the past.  I've wanted to like them,
but I've found them lacking in insight.

He does have an interesting background.  His father was executed in
1995 by the Nigerian government, essentially for terrorism.  But it is
doubtful that he was a terrorist.

He (the son) grew up in Nigeria and Britain.  He now lives in Toronto.
That, in itself, ought to give him unique insights.

<http://www.wlu.ca/~wwwpa/campus_update/news/2001/nr_02_08_01.shtml>
<http://www.pbs.org/newamericans/2.0/nigeria/sarowiwa1.htm>

I think that the analogies he's trying to draw in this column are very
strained.  But then I would, wouldn't I?  I'm one of those LINUX fans
and not an Islamic terrorist.

His facts are actually distant approximations.

Then again, most newspaper articles that are about subjects with
which I am familiar seem to be quite inaccurate.  From this I
extrapolate to believe that most newspaper articles are inaccurate.
But newspapers are head and shoulders above TV for accuracy.

Hugh Redelmeier
hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org  voice: +1 416 482-8253