Calling all potential speakers

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 18 04:22:32 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Byron Sonne wrote:

> > QUIZ QUESTION: How did a penguin become the Linux mascott?
>
> I believe Torvalds was charged by a penguin at a zoo, and as a result
> came to respect it. It's appearance belies it's ferocity ;)

Not bad :)

He was infact _bitten_ by a Little (Fairy) Penguin at Sydney Zoo while
visiting Australia for a Linux conference in the mid 90s.  He joked about
subsequently getting "penguinitis" and being forced to put penguins
everywhere :)

I recommend anyone visiting Melbourne, Australia try to get to Phillip
Island to see the Penguin Parade.  Quite amazing.  There is plenty of
other stuff to do on the Island as well.

http://www.penguins.org.au/02/sec_02_html/penguin_pg.html
http://goaustralia.about.com/cs/vicsightseeing/a/phillip1.htm

Rob

--
Robert Brockway
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.