Calling all potential speakers

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 17 23:13:52 UTC 2004

Hi all.  We need a speaker for the coming month.  Even if you don't
consider yourself an expert, consider doing a talk on a particular topic.

It's great - you get to talk about your favourite topic or
Linux/computer/networking related subject to your heart's content (limit
90 minutes :)  The choice of topic is virtually unlimited.  A few examples
to help potential speakers along:

1) Favourite application.

2) Recent project that has been completed.

3) Project still in progress.

4) Technical topic that is of use to Linux users/admins.

	Eg, my recent CIDR talk.

5) Favourite obscure distribution.

6) Discussion of some highly technical aspect of Linux/Unix.

	Eg, What is the O(1) scheduler in the 2.6 kernel and how does it
	    work.

7) Discussion of some not so highly technical aspect of Linux/Unix.

	Eg, cool stuff you can do with a shell.

8) Discussion of some non-technical aspect of Linux/Unix

	Eg, what is the Unix philosophy, and how does it apply to various
	    applications.

Anyone interested in doing a talk for the next meeting, which I believe
will be March 9 2004, please send me a quick email.  We also have a place
open for April.

And finally, to make sure everyone is still awake, a quick quiz:

QUIZ QUESTION: How did a penguin become the Linux mascott?

or

CORROLLARY QUESTION: What sort of penguin is Tux?

Cheers,
	Rob

--
Robert Brockway
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.