Pen and pad - The city should get digital [OT]

Sidney Shapiro sidney-3Kd7Tu4o6f/sBN0MCq728g at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 17 06:41:24 UTC 2004

> Thinking on the topic I cannot see the benefits of going digital
> outweighing the costs at this time, relative to our issues.  Police
are
> quite digital.  Many cop cars seem to be equipped with laptops.
>

> Cheers,
> Lloyd D Budd

Funny you should mention that Lloyd, the policeman did return to his car
and was typing on his laptop for a while, I assume he was entering
details of what I had told him into it. He did call out pertinent facts
over the radio as we were discussing the matter. I know it was a civic
duty, and I'm not complaining about the time I spent, I just wish
everyone was a stenographer or we had voice dictation that actually
works. I just can't wait for the star trek era. (Well, without the
nuclear war of course)

Sid