[Router/SNMP]

Gregory D Hough mr6re9-mI4xJ4qlgtBiLUuM0BA3LQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 17 04:07:03 UTC 2004

Thank's for the excellent references to net-snmp! I wish I had six
months and a few good books to learn it all and implement. Truth is I
just want to save these logs until I set up the DMZ. At that point I'll
have the usual /var/log/messages once again. I feel blinded without my
verbose logs.

On 02/16/2004 12:50:23 PM, Ladislav Svatos wrote:
> On February 16, 2004 10:04 am, Gregory D Hough wrote:
> <snip>
> > to a well-written condensed tutorial? I need just enough info to
> > store/view the logs for now.
> >
> I did not try myself, but it seems to do what you want:
>
> http://woogie.net/linksysmon/
>
> Lada

It does exactly what I want! It's small, a snap to install and easy to
use. I have a couple notes for the archives.

>From http://woogie.net/linksysmon/?INSTALL in quotes.

1) "If you wish to enable extended logging, go to
http://192.168.1.1/LogManage.htm." > this feature is not available for
model BEFSX41. The log format is very basic.

2) "gzip -cd linksysmon-X.Y.tar.gz | tar xf -
cd linksysmon-X.Y" > this command didn't work for me, I used:

gunzip -v linksysmon-x.y.z.tar.gz | tar -xvf linksysmon.x.y.z.tar

3) "Next, you must make the perl module:

perl Makefile.PL
make" > best to have the perl-devel package installed beforehand.

4) "Edit /etc/linksysmon.conf to your liking" > when you edit this
file, be sure to leave some value for each variable. Empty port or host
lists will cause linksysmon to fail.

Muchas Gracias Tlug,
farmer6re9