CD-RW install

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 11 16:02:57 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 10:43:05AM -0500, Oliver Meyn wrote:
> Hi Lance,
>
> On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 09:39, Lance F. Squire wrote:
> > I've added an HP CD-Writer Plus 8100 to my Linux box. Currently Fedora 1
> > grub loader.
> >
> > I can find how toos for after configuration, eg. How to burn
> > But nothing on how to configure to be recognised as a burner.
> >
> > Kudzu currently sees it as a regular cd.
> >
> > I know I have to add something to the boot line...i think. But I'm not
> > sure how and/or proper format.
> >
> on your kernel line you want something like
> hdX=ide-scsi
>
> at the end, where hdX is your drive (eg hdc).

Note that this is no longer required with recent kernels (should definitely
include fedora) and cdrecord 2.0.  cdrdao still requires it, though, AFAIK.

--
taa

   It is the primary caretaking relationships of infancy
   and childhood which determine the core neurobiological
   organization of the human individual.
         --Bruce D. Perry
/*eof*/