CD-RW install

Teodor Iliescu tiliescu-ZdyLq7YhDA8hunQcOVOuvCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 11 15:43:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Lance F. Squire wrote:

> I know I have to add something to the boot line...i think. But I'm not
> sure how and/or proper format.

See what your kernel picks up the burner as (most likely hdd).
dmesg | grep hd.

Afterwards as root, in your /boot/grub/menu.lst, you should add something
like this:

---
title Fedora Core (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl)
        root (hd0,X)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ hdd=ide-scsi rhgb vga=791
        initrd /initrd-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.img
---

Now this may vary, but you get the idea of where to insert the ide-scsi
flags. This just tells the kernel to enable scsi emulation for that
device.

Afterwards, run cdrecord -scanbus, to see that it is listed.

Additionally, if you run lsmod, you should see some extra modules loaded,
such as ide-scsi.

"Unix is simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity."
- Dennis Ritchie

Teodor I.
http://penguincomputing.iwarp.com
GPG key fingerprint : 9AC8 A05C 78AD AD73 91DB  CBE4 B644 F402 FBFD 5927