Linux ISP w/USR 56K modem?

aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 10 00:02:04 UTC 2004

2004 Feb 07 - 01:35

>> Currently I'm using 3web as my dial-up ISP. They use a Windows log-on,

What does that mean? If this is a paid-for dial-up account to an ISP they shouldn't care what OS you use.  All you need is the names of the smtp and pop3 servers, and the phone number for dialup, you account name and password. That's it.

>> but I want to be able to access the internet from Linux. Does anyone
>> know of any ISPs that offer Linux connectivity (preferably dial-up)?

Again, no such thing (as far as I know) as "Linux connectivity" - smtp and pop3 server names, account, password and dial-up phone number are all you need.

Chris