Linux ISP w/USR 56K modem?

SRB srb-s8PdfxpoPdHk1uMJSBkQmQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 7 05:52:42 UTC 2004

Hi,

Currently I'm using 3web as my dial-up ISP. They use a Windows log-on,
but I want to be able to access the internet from Linux. Does anyone
know of any ISPs that offer Linux connectivity (preferably dial-up)?

This is currently my most important hurtle for full Linux migration from
windows... :-\

PS... my modem is a USRobotics "56K Faxmodem PCI for Windows" model
5699B. Are there any issues (ie. driver) getting this to work properly
in any Linux distros? ...hopefully not... :~o

Thanks for any advice!

-Steve.