OT: Hardware Raid 1 on linux

JM jerome-mhXWc29+iYPyG1zEObXtfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 6 09:40:17 UTC 2004

hi,

how does a system on raid 1 act when one of its drive fails? Will it still
function properly? How would I know if one of my drive fails? (without
physically looking at it)... would linux inform me? i have a box which is not
a hot swap capable.. if one disk fails i have to bring the system down and
replace it with the new one.. do i have to make sure that the new disk has
been partitioned like the one w/c ill be replacing? or will i just make a
filesystem similar to the one ill be replacing...

TIA
jm