debian: what sound drivers ?

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 5 18:20:14 UTC 2004

Chris Aitken <aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> writes:
> Is OSS/Linux the best? Do we not want 4Front Technologies to have our 20
> bucks?

It seems hit or miss for me.  On an old version of Caldera, OSS/Linux was the
only sound driver that would work.  The last time I tried [forget which
distro and sound card], only ALSA would work.

If I was still using that version of Caldera, I would have paid for
OSS/Linux.

You're probably going to have to try them all.

Regards,
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                            starnix inc.
phone: 905-771-0017 x242                        thornhill, ontario, canada