the box locks up !

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 4 17:48:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:46:27 -0500
Fraser Campbell disseminated the following:

> Alternatively there's the badblocks program, never used it personally.

I was just checking out the manpage for that, and it says it should never be
done in on a mounted partition. If my / partition is the one I want to scan, how
would I unmount it?...and if it's unmounted, how can I access the badblocks
executable?

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046