question regarding CLI Tab-search & zsh

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 30 01:23:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 01:01:19AM +0000, Robert Brockway wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, David J Patrick wrote:
>
> >ka-wow ! gotta have that !  apt-get install zsh ?  bash+, right ?
> >
> >gee, I wonder if there are /even better/ shells ??
>
> zsh is the "kitchen sink" shell.
>
> If you want more obscure shells try "rc" and its decendent "es".  The
> rc shell is a port (or possible a reimplementation) of the standard
> Plan9 shell rc.  It is minimalist.  The shell es is an attempt to make
> an extended shell from the minimalise rc - ie, completely reversing
> the design decisions.  Gotta love it :)

Pretty soon, they'll have Bash.  Mind you, 1/3 of its size is from
readline stuffs.  If you get rid of readline, history, array,
arithmetic, brace, regexp, extended glob, job, and few other things, as
well as compiler optimization, then it's pretty slick.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>
Linux solution for data processing.