question regarding CLI Tab-search

Matt Cahill m-cahill-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 29 13:44:13 UTC 2004

Hello,

  So, to my amazement, somebody finally revealed to me that I can find the
names of files on my system by entering the first digits and then hitting Tab
twice (using an xconsole at least).  What is the name of this feature?  I'd
love to read up more about it (for example, why I can find apps as root but
not as user and how I would change such settings) before I post questions
here.  I'm a little surprised that I wasn't aware of it before now...

  Many thanks,

  Matt

--
Matt Cahill