VIA EPIA mini-ITX motherboard + case?

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 23 12:52:16 UTC 2004

William O'Higgins <william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Well, I was in the College-Spadina computer annex today, and I found the
> place where I had seen the VIA boards advertised.  It is Filtech, on
> College just south of Spadina.  Here's their web address:
>
> http://www.filtechcomputer.com/product/default.asp
>
> I brought home the price list.  They don't have much in stock, but they
> can get things in within a couple of business days (or so they say, but
> they seem quite well-favoured and keen to serve).  Here is the price
> list:
>
> EPIA (Fanless)
> VIA C3 600 Mhz CPU
> AGP VGA w/ TV out
> onboard sound
> Ethernet card
> 1 PCI, 2 Dimm, 2 USB, 2 ATA100IDE
> $149

Unless you have mimimal requirements, don't get this one.  There's no XFree86
DRI/DRM support nor MPEG2 acceleration so 3D graphics and video streaming
perform badly.

> V10000A (Bulk)
> VIA C3 1Ghz CPU
> onboard VGA
> onboard Sound
> Ethernet
> 2 Dimm, 1 PCI, 2 USB, 2 ATA100 IDE, 1 FDD
> $139

Same here I think, although it will be slightly better with the faster CPU.

The M series boards don't have these limitations.

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
647.722.5301                                      toronto, ontario, canada