Hoping to learn Tcl/Tk

Jimmy Green greenj-PeCUgM4zDv73fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 23 03:30:58 UTC 2004

I thought I would relay my experience with this book:
Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk PRENTICE HALL 79.95 UofT Bookstore

Since there seem to be many books on the subject,,, I had been looking for the
original book by the author of Tcl/TK John Ousterhout(Tcl and the Tk Toolkit?)
, then i picked up this...
Its a contemporary (8.4) treatment of the language and tools...

Dry reading, Pretty good contents and index, layout is odd but workable, not
too much handholding, a well explained intro/cookbook but skimpy on the why...
Very Broad coverage of the things you can do with Tcl/Tk
Authors are some of the hard-core insiders in Tcl/Tk realm
If im not mistaken, this may be the definitive text at the moment...

--
to bring heed and grate to halt try for (ms = -1 ; timetravel(ms) ; ms++) { ; }
if your keyboard is _really_ slow, you should get to the second iteration ...

Jimmy