(looking for) old Socket A cpu

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 20 14:40:27 UTC 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 10:03:54PM -0500, William Park wrote:
> I hope you don't mind this post.  It's Linux related. :-)
>
> If you have an old Socket A cpu with 200-400MHz FSB, I would like to buy
> it.  Ideally, I would prefer
>     Duron 1000 (Morgan)
> because it closely matches VIA mini-ITX range, like 64MB cache, 1GHz,
> etc.

Actually if you are looking for fast, but low power and potentially no
fan (just heat sink), maybe finding an AMD Geode NX would be an idea.
It is a low speed (around 1GHz) athlon XP mobile chip for socket A.
THey should be possible to purchase you would think.

Lots of info on them on AMD's website.

The Geode NX runs 133mhz bus (266 effective) at 667, 1000 or 1400 MHz.

Lennart Sorensen