Dell Server with Linux and Plesk 7

Wil McGilvery wmcgilvery-6d3DWWOeJtE at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 18 04:46:26 UTC 2004

Ok lets try again. You have a box running Linux and Plesk and a Linksys router. You also have a desktop that is also behind the router - Correct?

Are you having trouble getting outside people to see your web site or are you having trouble getting your desktop to see your web site?

If outside people cannot see your web site then you have a firewall issue. If it is only the desktop that cannot your Linux machine then it is probably a routing issue.

What is the ip address of the Linux box? What is the ip address of the desktop box? Have you tried to access the Linux box using the ip address instead of the hostname? What are you typing when you try to access the Linux/Plesk box?

Regards,

Wil McGilvery
Manager
Lynch Digital Media Inc