VIA EPIA mini-ITX motherboard + case?

Paul DiRezze pdirezze-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 16 23:17:58 UTC 2004

William Park wrote:

>Thanks Paul.  I'm exploring building a thin-client using Via's mini-ITX.
>As usual, commodity PC has changed the equation.  Network boot (PXE),
>CDROM boot, and other ways of implementing thin-client made sense in the
>past.  But, with USB key drive, you can now just boot from USB keydrive,
>and away you go.  100% solid-state machine at that.

I'd like to try to build some regular/LTSP thin clients also. What I'd
like to know is the premium one pays for using the mini-itx form factor.
But mini-itx machines are much more portable and there's a coolness
factor. As near as I can figure, you pay about 25-40% more for a
mini-itx setup over an equivalent ATX setup.

paul