[TLUG-ANNOUNCE]: TLUG - Tue Dec 14, 7:30pm

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 16 09:58:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, William Park wrote:

> Did the computers you were given for the Internet Longe had harddisks?
> If so, why didn't you install Debian using a shell script?  This way,
> just insert CD, boot, run the script.

It is easy to add something like:

for d in \
 		/mnt/auto/hda1 \
 		/mnt/auto/sda1 \
 		/mnt/auto/fd0 \
 		/mnt/auto/scd0 \
 		/mnt/auto/scd1 \
 	; do
 	if [ -f $d/autoknoppix/autoknoppix.sh ]; then
 		echo "Running $d/autoknoppix/autoknoppix.sh"
 		. $d/autoknoppix/autoknoppix.sh
 	fi
done

to ~/.xsession or ~/.xinit of the knoppix user on a knoppix cd.
Thereafter, anything you put in there will work. Please check the
automounter path (it is correct for my modified setup, may be wrong for
yours), and CR/LF issues with bash.

Peter