Fair charge for one-on-one Linux tutoring; advice

Dave Bour dcbour-Uj1Tbf34OBsy5HIR1wJiBuOEVfOsBSGQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 15 16:04:08 UTC 2004

Just to throw my hat in the ring, I charge $110 an hour for training.
For some more esoteric training, for one - on - one, I've a business
partner running a training facility that bills his staff out at $3000 a
day + expenses.  $50 would not be out of line at all for professional
quality training, with a skilled trainer.  My view is you get what you
pay for.  Someone having done a $20/hr training, probably got what it
was worth, or maybe that's where their level was at.  They probably
could have done just as well picking up a $50 book and reading it for a
couple of days.

D.

Dave Bour
Desktop Solution Center