Shockwave Player

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 14 18:29:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 11:25:50AM -0500, Brian K. Garel wrote:
> OK...I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I'm trying to do an online
> course that requires Shockwave.  Does anyone have a solution that will work
> in Linux for this minor problem?  Or do I have to boot up my Windoze Box
> which I have been able to successfully avoid for the last 4 months now
> (personal record here)

Someone uses shockware not just flash?

Other than running inside wine, there appears to be no choice.  So that
means reaktivate for kde to run the activex plugin in konqueror, or you
can get codewaver's crossover to run it inside most of the browsers on
linux.

Reaktivate is free, but probably much harder to get going.

Lennart Sorensen